Have you read the latest update from Network for Good's
Digital Giving Index?
The Index builds on data and observations from
The Online Giving Study
and is updated quarterly to provide timely and relevant
snapshots of the state of charitable giving.
Highlights from 3Q12
- Overall giving increased for Q3 2012 versus the same period in 2011, with the exception of portals.
- Most charitable giving through the Network for Good platform in Q3 2012 was via charity websites, followed by social giving and then portals.
- Giving via charity websites with branded donation pages increased 17% in Q3 2012 versus the same quarter in 2011; giving via generic donation pages was flat.
- Charity Websites with branded donation pages achieved 6x more donation dollars, on average, than sites with generic donation pages.
- Portal giving in Q3 2012 declined 12% versus the same period in 2011.
- Social giving made up 17% of all donations through Network for Good in Q3 2012, consistent with results from Q3 2011.